Saturday, February 9, 2008

Let the Fahsh-uh (Father) speak!!

I've finally begun to allow myself to get excited about this new addition to our family. There suddenly seems to be all these preperations that need to be done around the house for the addition of the little one to come. We must clean well, fix little things that often get put off for months, think about decorations, all to prepare a place for this completely dependent helpless bundle of wonder and joyous disruption. I find myself looking forward to the next week's information from our pregnancy Bible...oh yeah, you might not know this yet, but we are pregnant. We don't yet know if it is a little boy or girl, yet I thought I might at least clarify this mystery a bit for you readers out there. As I look at the pictures featured in the books, I like to imagine our child in Katrina's womb. Sometimes I even sing to it or talk to it, wondering if it can hear me yet, that it might know it's father or mother's voice even before birth. I dream about what our child will look like, sound like, smell like (not the diapers mind you). Just as certain thing begins to happen just as when somone is researching a large purchase that they are excited about,they begin to see it everywhere they look (A car, a house, etc.). In the same line of thinking, I find myself noticing every parent with thier little baby or toddler walking around. It makes me smile, even to see a child crying for it's mother or father (Fahsh-uh). I long to be already there, able to communicate with, hold, comfort, and clean my little bambino when it arrives. The reason I chose these pictures this time is because our friends in the picture have just had a baby, and it has been so sweet to watch the process. The construction picture, is there to show the preparation for the way of our own child's arrival.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Katrina! Love your posting- and the pic! :)
The thinking and smiling and planning doesn't stop when the kiddo is born either! So excited for you guys. Enjoy this time!