Thursday, May 22, 2008

Feeling Better

For the last 36 hours, I had the flu and all its 'glory'. I will spare you the details, but not being able to eat, drink or sleep is no fun. I even had the flu shot this year - that didn't work! While I was ill, I watched every Jane Austen movie I owned and confined myself to the bedroom. I would have loved to go outside, but walking downstairs wasn't an option in my weak condition. Our 2 dogs, Bailey and Hershey, guarded me with great care. I think they knew something was wrong with mom. I am very thankful for Steven who took care of me. He was with me at 4am when the bathroom was the place to be, he even went to LC (Lion's choice) to get me some crushed ice and the store to buy some crackers & popcicles. Today, I am feeling better. I think I need another long nap and I'm not sure what to eat - nothing sounds good at the moment - but I am thankful to be better than yesterday. (There will be no picture with this post)

No comments: