Thursday, May 15, 2008

Youth Group

As many of you know, Steven is the Middle school Youth Director at our Church. I also work at the church in the office, but volunteer my time with Steven in the youth department. We love working with the students, experiencing life with them and watching them learn and grow over the years. I cannot imagine my life without youth group, youth trips or one on one times with students. I believe that these students teach me just as much about life as I try to teach them. Many people think that working with Middle school students is 'scary' or 'too challenging'. I disagree and believe these people don't know what they are missing. I also beleive that many people who hold this position are not willing to be stretched and challenged in the way that brings them closer in relationship with God, others and themselves. Working with youth is a privledge and I hope to continue for many years to come. I wanted to share with our friends some pictures from our youth group event last night since it is such an integral part of the Dalbey family. We invited some students who will join our minsitry this summer to get a glimps at what youth group is all about. As you can see, we have a fun time and the St. Louis Cardinals was our theme for the evening! Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Fearless Fowler said...

I love the photo of Steve, Emma, and Heather. Emma looks so proud of her cookies!