Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reading


This morning, I read The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle to Preston. He LOVED the book. Steven said that Preston smiled with delight as I talked about how the caterpillar ate through apples, oranges, plums and other food items. He also liked it when I talked about how the caterpillar made himself into a cocoon. I think he liked the way the word cocoon sounded! Steven and I both remember our parents reading to us as children. We both LOVED the book Go Dog Go by P.D. Eastman. Those reading times with our parents are such fun memories! I think it is important to read to children starting at a very young age. Steven and I started to reading to Preston when he was about 2 weeks old (thanks for the encouragement Dad). We hope to encourage Preston to love reading as much as we do!

2 comments:

The Fearless Fowler said...

I love Leo Lionni's "Let's Make Rabbits," and want to get a copy for myself so I can read it to my children one day. Books that can excite the imagination of a child and an adult are so inspiring.

Unknown said...

Try "Brown Bear, Brown Bear"....the rhythm of the words is a lot of fun, also a lot of great colors for Preston to watch!