Saturday, September 13, 2008

What up

Well, this is has been a interesting week at the Dalbey home. Here ya go:

First, Preston is showing his smile more each day! He is super cute :)

Second, our Kitchen began to fall apart - literally. I opened the drawer and it just crumbled. Now, half of my forks and spoons are stuck behind the other drawers and I don't think we are able to get them out. Now, if you think Steven and I are going to run out to Home Depot and order our new cabinets and countertops you will be sad to hear that will not happen for a while. Here are our obstacles: First, I am currently on an unpaid maternity leave - you heard me - unpaid. (Don't ask me about this one unless you really want to hear my thoughts) Now, if I want to kill myself, I could try to head back to work when I am only getting 3 - 5 hours of sleep at night. No way! Second, we estimate our kitchen will cost mucho $$ to upgrade. We don't have mucho $$. Third, Steven is still trying to finish our bathroom project that began in 2006. I don't want to start a new project till the old one is complete. Bottom line, we will live with our kitchen that is falling apart.
Third, I began to decorate our house for fall. I pulled out my fall leaf plates and the ears of corn. I know, the weather is still warm and humid here in STL, but there is no harm in this - it is September. Don't worry, I will not bust out the Christmas decorations till after Thanksgiving :)

2 comments:

Christi Provost said...

Cute Preston pics! Hang in there...I know what it's like postponing purchases/improvements because you have to buy the groceries and pay car insurance instead:). It will make you appreciate it more later!

Leah Warren said...

The fall decs look cute! I had to get in the mood as well. I hear you on getting house projects done. Time and money, time and money, time and money need I say more? Now with a baby we don't have either! (not like we had much before) Good thing we can all struggle together : )