Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back to Work

After 11 weeks of Maternity Leave, I went back to work yesterday. Overall, it went well. Work was enjoyable, everyone was friendly, and I didn't miss Preston too much (I didn't cry till I was home and realized how much I missed him. I just help him and cried happy mom tears). I think Preston had a great day and was happy to experience a new environment. He went with Ms. Emily & Mr. William to their house. Today, Mr. William is at our house so Ms. Emily can go to work. I am very thankful for this arrangement. I will say that being a working mom, even though I am only going to work part time, is challenging. Trying to remember all of Preston's stuff and coordinating schedules takes time and care. I think it will get better as time goes on and I become more familiar with the routine. For now, there is a slight learning curve. Again, going back to work went well and I am thankful for everyone's thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement. Here is a pictures from our time with the 2 boys today. There is also a picture of Steven with Preston when he came home for lunch and a picture of Papa Dalbey when he stopped by briefly to say hi :)

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

There is def. a learning curve! You're doing great, MaMa!