Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Big Day

Today is a big day! It is Preston's 3 month Birthday & Election Day. I started the day by waking up early so I could vote while Steven watched Preston. I braved the hour and a half line because voting is not just a privledge, but a duty. The wait wasn't too bad because I met a nice couple and their 17 month old son, Harper. I had fun talking with Harper about the birds, leaves and the Halloween decorations that were still up at our polling location. Now that I have voted, I am thankful that this election stuff is almost over! I don't know about you, but I am super tired of all the negative ads and the constant talk about the campaign on TV. This has been the longest Presidential Campaign in US history - wow!

When I got home, Preston was wide awake and ready for 'play time'. I love play time because I can read to him, smile at him, talk with him and he loves it all. I decided to put my "I Voted! Did You?' sticker on Preston and take a picture. I thought it was important to document this day. Here is the picture!

Steven and I also decided to sing 'Happy Birthday' to Preston before Steven had to leave. I think he liked the song. I also have a trip to the park planned since it is such a beautiful day! Now, I wonder how this big day will end? I am confident that Preston will end his day with a bottle and bed time at 7pm, but our election results may not be available till tomorrow. We shall just have to wait and see!

No comments: