Friday, November 21, 2008

Time w/ mom

Even though Preston is only 3 1/2 months old, I feel like he has been part of my life for over a year now because this time last year was when I found out I was pregnant. Ever since that moment, I have felt very connected to my child, my son, my baby. For obvious reasons, Preston and I have spent a lot of time together. When I was expecting, I would go for a walk with Preston or go shopping with Preston or even go workout with Preston. Now that he has been born, I have to make sure to continue to spend this important time with him and let him know how much I love and care for him. I think my favorite part of each day is reading stories. I love to hear his unique sounds and see his face light up with beautiful pictures on each page of a book. One of our favorite books, while not from the children's section, is the complete works of Ansel Adams. I show Preston these amazing black and white photographs and read about how Adams took each unique photo. (My dad would be so proud). So, with each book that I read to Preston and each day I get to spend with him, I am thankful for the beautiful gift of a child. Here are a couple photo's from 'time with mom' the past few days.

No comments: