Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Youth Group Christmas Party


We took Preston to his first Youth Group Christmas Party last night. Taking Preston to the party meant that we had to keep him up an hour past his bedtime which is usually around 7pm . Thankfully, he did great and fell asleep as soon as I put him in his carseat at 8pm. It is really great to see the way that Preston continues to become more and more interactive with the people around him. This morning, Preston slept in until about 8:30, and so did I. I nearly missed an appointment since I am so used to hearing little words and grunts comming from the monitor like clock work at about 7am sharp, waking me from my sleep. Preston has been taking longer naps these days, and just keeps getting stronger and growing by the hour. I feel as though this is prep for adolescence when he will once again be taking longer naps and sleeping in every morning, like clock work :). This afternoon, Katrina and I were leaving and getting Preston situated in his car seat, when he began crying much more fiercely than normal. Katrina started to clip him in and zip up his blanket but then trusting her gut, unbuckled him from his seat and picked him up. We both noticed that the clear bottle cover cap was pressed up against his back causing him quite a bit of discomfort...ouch!! Way to go Katrina for trusting your motherly instinct. Here is a picture of Preston sitting in his Bumbo seat (thank you Leah for letting us borrow this). We are going to begin the process of feeding Preston food. We will start slow with some rice cereal and then move onto some other yummy vegetables. I am sure the pictures will get very interesting in the next few weeks.

No comments: