Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baptism


Yesterday was a wonderful milestone for our family and for Preston in his young life. We were blessed to be able to have Preston be baptized by Poppa Dalbey and Dr. Doriani. One of the things that is special about my dad being able to do the baptism is that my grandfather (my dad's dad) got to baptize me just as my dad got to baptize Preston. It was sweet to see the way that Preston was up in front of the whole church, making funny noises and faces as if he knew that he was entertaining the congregation (hmm, I wonder where he got that from...maybe his daddy??). At any rate, we were able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon by celebrating with both of our families and some friends (about 40 in all) at our house for a chili lunch. Even my Grandma was able celebrate the day with us. Thanks to all who attended and helped out. It is amazing the way that the weight of the sacriment became realized for me as the day approached for Preston to be baptized. It was quite an emotional day! Hope this finds you readers doing well.

No comments: