Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Preston and I watched the Inauguration event on TV today. No matter who you (or I) voted for, I think it is an amazing experience to watch a presidential inauguration. This one was especially significant because of all that Barack Obama represents for so many people. Personally, I believe that Obama represents a call for unity that our country desperately needs. Too long have people of different backgrounds separated themselves from one another and I hope and pray that we can begin to get along with one another and work together to make our country and the world a better place to live. I am looking forward to what the next 4 or 8 years will bring. Here are a few photo's from today. By the way, I LOVE spending time with Preston.


Preston really enjoys playing in his exersaucer! He also loves chewing on Mr. Lion (sorry Ava)


Here is Preston talking to William about the Presidential Inauguration. BTW - Preston has the same Birthday as Barack Obama!

2 comments:

Ruthann Perrin said...

Preston is so cute playing with his toys. He certainly has grown since we saw him at Christmas! What a wonderful blessing he is to the family. Love, Aunt Ruthie

Christi Provost said...

I agree! Wasn't watching all of the ceremonies fun? I'm turning into a C-Span junkie again. Preston is SO beautiful! Love the picture of him "talking" with hand gestures.