Thursday, April 16, 2009

A big week

There is a lot going on with the Dalbey Trio this week. First, we are busy preparing to leave on Sunday for our Missions Trip to Spain (more details to come). We are excited for the trip yet a bit overwhelmed with packing and all the preparations. I don't think I will rest until we are on the airplane. Second, the weather has been beautiful the past couple days. I love going outside with my camera and capturing all that is in bloom. I captured this photo, and many more, this afternoon. Did I mention that I LOVE tulips? :)
Third, our dear friend and co - worker, Andrea Sanders, is moving to Michigan next week. While I am excited for her and her husband to start a new job at a Church outside Detroit, I am sad to see a dear friend move away. Andrea, Steven and I have been working with youth at Central Pres for the past five years. We admire her love and passion for the Lord and for students. Andrea and I (Katrina) have also been on an amazing journey becoming new mothers together. Her daughter, Ava, and our son, Preston, are only 5 weeks apart. I will miss talking with Andrea about life, motherhood, youth ministry and other things in life. While this change is good and a normal part of life, it is still hard to know that I will not see a dear friend for a while and I will need some time to transition. Here is a photo of Andrea and me at Ted Drews - a STL tradition!
Fourth, Preston and I have had some great time together this week. He is becoming more like a little boy each today and I love him very much. Tonight, we had fun playing outside and then reading some books in his room before bedtime. He loves 'reading' books and I love watching his face as he looks at all the pictures - he is a sweet boy. Here is a photo of us in our matching outfits. This was not planned but very cute.

1 comment:

Chris and Andrea Sanders said...

such sweet words...we miss you so much and can't wait to see you (Ava especially misses her buddy)... hope you are doing well! Love you all!!