Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Today is your Birthday

Today is Preston's first Birthday - wow! Here is a picture of the Birthday boy with his new Teddy Bear from Great Grandma and Grandpa. He is so sweet.

So much has happened in the past year I don't even know where to begin. All I know is that at 2:15pm last year our lives completely changed when this little boy entered the outside world. I remember learning more about love, sacrifice and patience when I married Steven, but now I have learned to love more than I ever thought was possible. To sum up my thoughts: Preston's birthday has caused me to reflect on my life and how thankful I am for what is most important. While I am still learning how to be a mom to this little boy, I am profoundly thankful for him and his life. I am thankful that I have been given the opportunity to care for him, love him and teach him so many amazing things. Overall, it has been a wonderful year and I am looking forward to more wonderful years with this sweet boy.

1 comment:

Sharon Tachenko said...

Being a bit of a pessimist/realist, my husband always says that most things in life don't turn out as well as you expect in your fantasy imaginings. He adds, though, that marriage and children are the grand exception! Of course, I could not agree more! Sounds like you are coming to that realization, as well! !

Happy Birthday, Little Man! You have wonderful parents - and are blessed beyond measure!

Sharon & Michael Tachenko