Sunday, September 19, 2010

M I Z Z O U!

Steven and I headed to Mizzou this weekend for a mini get-a-way. Our plan was to see some friends in Columbia and meet up with some students who used to be involved in our Youth Group. We had an absolute blast and wish we could have stayed longer. This trip was very special to me (Katrina) since I went to Mizzou and I have many special memories. Here is how our trip went: We arrived in Columbia on Friday evening and had dinner with some students. Katrina stayed with the girls in South dorm and Steven stayed with the guys in Laws dorm that evening. The next morning we headed out for some Mizzou touring and hanging out.
First, the columns that make Mizzou famous!
Here we are at Lunch at Shakespeare's Pizza:
Here is Katrina with the girls:
Here is Steven with the boys:
Here is my first home at Mizzou - Laws Hall. I only lived there for a semester.
Here is my second home at Mizzou - The Pi Phi House. I lived here for 3 years.
Here is Katrina inside the Pi Phi house holding her 'Buddy of the Year' trophy. I won this trophy after volunteering one weekend with Special Olympics. I like to call this the little legacy I left behind for the house to enjoy!
Here is Steven and me at the game on Saturday evening. Oh yes, we stopped by the RUF tailgate party before the game but leader Ross was not around. I guess we will have to make another trip to MU :) I just love this pic and seeing my husband in a Mizzou T-shirt.
I love watching all the game entertainment.
After a really good game the Tigers pull ahead to win in the last 2 minutes of play. M-I-Z-Z-O-U!
Thank you, Grammie and Papa for taking very good care of Preston while we were away. This trip would not have been possible without you.

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

jealous...so glad the Tigers pulled out a win for you!