Monday, May 30, 2011

Fun Weekend

The Dalbey Four had a wonderful weekend. It started on Friday night with a visit to Grammie and Papa's house. My camera battery was low so I will post photos of our time with them when I get pictures from Steven's dad. On Saturday, Katrina headed off to a bridal shower for a a friend named Angie. Angie is getting married to Josh who is Steven's close friend from the Church. Here are a couple pictures from the shower.
This is a photo of Peyton being held by my dear friend, Amity. Amity and I went to high school together.
After the Bridal shower, I joined Steven and Preston at a special going away party for our dear friends, the Warrens. After more than 10 years of close friendship, the Warrens are moving to Texas. Here is a sweet photo of Preston and Eli. We sure are going to miss you and hope to come and visit soon.

On Sunday, the Dalbey Four went to Church and then over to Grandma and Grandad's house for another Memorial Day celebration. We took Preston outside and let him have some fun with the hose. As you can see, the kid is more than happy - he is having a BLAST!

Later on Sunday, I headed over to a Graduation Party for Miss Leah. Leah is a student from our Church Youth Group that I have been blessed to be a part of her life. I am so proud of the young woman she has become and look forward to seeing what is in store for her in the months and years to come.

Oh yes, here is a sweet photo of Preston from our time and Grandma and Grandad's house. She is growing and becomming more of a little girl each day. She is also sleeping around 8 hours at night. This makes me a happy and thankful mommy :)

On Sunday, I took the kids and joined my dad for a Route 66 adventure. Steven stayed home to work on some outdoor painting at our house. My dad drove us down to Devil's Elbow, a small town outside Rolla, MO on the old part of Route 66. We had a very nice lunch and did some touring around the historic town. Here are a few photos. First, Preston in front of an old fire truck.
A cool beverage on a hot day is always nice. This soda is awesome...probobaly because it uses real cane sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.

Here is a picture of the Route 66 sign by the old bridge.

Here is my sweet Aunt Mary who has been visiting from Texas.


I hope to post a few more photos in the next few days. Oh yes, you can also check out more phtoos on Facebook.

No comments: