Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lost Ginkgo Tree

 When I arrived home this afternoon I was shocked to see that my beloved Ginkgo tree was gone.  Well, I knew this might be coming due to some planned construction on our street this coming spring but I had no idea that our tree would be gone so soon.  This is the sight from my window.  All that is left of our tree is the stump.  So sad.  
I used to see this beautiful sight.  Wonderful fan shaped leaves that were a soft, warm green and then a brilliant yellow every fall.  
To be honest, I am deeply saddened by the loss of our tree.  Sure, the city plans to plant more trees after the construction project.  I wonder, can you really replace a beautiful, seasoned tree like this one?  I wish the city could have saved this tree. I wish the city thought more carefully about the use of this project and if it was really necessary.  I don't think it is necessary.  I think I want my tree back.  Now this might sound like a silly thing to blog about, but for someone like me who finds simple delight in nature and the beauty of creation is sad that the tree in my front yard is gone.  I hope our new tree grows quickly and adds great beauty to our front yard.  

No comments: