Friday, January 20, 2012

A thought

I just spent some time reading the blog of a dear friend.  At the end of my reading I was crying.  I am not sure why I was crying.  I think it had something to do with her honesty in sharing about some difficulties she has been going through and how thankful she is to have had some time to work through those difficulties.  I am currently going though some difficulties of my own.  While I am not going to share on this blog (only in private conversations with trusted friends) due to great sensitivity, I will say that I am learning some important lessons.  First, I am learning to forgive.  This is difficult for me. Second, I am learning to love those who hurt me. This is also difficult for me.  Finally, I am learning to not feel responsible for everyone and everything.  I think it is in my DNA to love and care deeply.  I am thankful for this gift.  Now, however, I need to trust that others will care and look after certain things that means so much to me.  I think I am being called to care for myself.  This will be good.  I am looking forward to a healthier and happier me.  Don't worry, I will keep posting cute pictures of the kids and updates from our family.  Don't worry, our family is well.  Our kids are happy and Steven and I are doing well.  Simply, sometimes I wish the pain and struggles we experience during this life would go away.  Thankfully, in Christ, all things will be made new and one day he will wipe every tear from our eyes.  I long for that day. 

No comments: