Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The best time to go to the zoo

I think it is safe to say that the best time to go to the St. Louis Zoo is 9am on a Tuesday morning.  Because Tuesday is my day off I took the kids there yesterday morning.  Man, did we have a great tome and everything was FREE.  Yes, that's right - FREE.  Children's Zoo, Carousel, Caribbean Cove (Everything starts with the letter C...) and it was a blast!  Oh yes, we were also the ONLY people inside the Penguin exhibit.  This alone made the zoo visit completely worth my time.  I have never had such a pleasant experience at the zoo and plan on taking full advantage of this in the future.  I may also head to the River's Edge at 9am in the morning.  Perhaps I will be able to get a better and quiet view of the Elephants, Cheetah's, Hippos and Rhino's.  I'll keep you updated.  
Here is Preston on the Carousel.  He rode the Cheetah and told me that he wanted to go super fast.  
Peyton on the Carousel. She did well for what was, I think, her first time.  
Here is Preston at Caribbean Cove checking out the Sting Rays.  
He just wanted to look at them and no touch them.  OK.  
 Here is the Penguin exhibit - beautiful.  
 Last but not least are the Cheetah's.  We only saw them for a minute but they were beautiful nonetheless.  

No comments: