Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Stove

I took on a serious house project this past week: cleaning the kitchen stove.  As you can see from the photo below, this project was LONG overdue.  If you have recently been to my house and were grossed out by this scene - I sincerely apologize.
In order to tackle such a project I pulled out every cleaning supply in my house I thought could work.  Here we have white vinegar, windex, clorox wipes, soft scrub, dawn dish soap, baking soda and the magic erasure.  I even thought some rubbing alcohol would work....not so much.
After some scrubbing with the clorox wipes, magic erasure and some soft scrub here is scene...getting better.
A close up pictures reveals the mess that still lingered on my stove top...yuck.
Next I moved on to more soft scrub and the tooth brush.  I think a scrubbed for a good 2 hours.   Don't worry, I used an OLD toothbrush.  
Here we have a much better picture but now what my perfectionistic standards would like to see.
Oh yes, the front of the stove was also a mess.  I used the magic erasure to clean this gunk off and it took about 30 seconds.
After some serious scrubbing we still had a mess on our hands...so I mixed the baking soda and vinegar and let it sit ALL NIGHT LONG!
The next day Steven finished the job and viola - a clean stove top.  I will never let the stove get that dirty again...EVER!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: