Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I hate bedtime

I'm not really sure when it started but all I can say is that I hate bedtime.  Why?  Because it takes my kids between 1 and 2 hours to go to bed every night and its killing me.  The introvert/Katrina time that I desperately need is being sucked away by my kids struggling to fall asleep at a decent time each night.  Yes, the TV is off. Yes, I read them a story. Yes, I pray with them each night.  Yes, they eat a good dinner and have plenty of exercise.  I just don't know what happened.  They both used to fall asleep by 7:30pm sharp.  Even as I am write this post I had to stop and go help the kids fall asleep. I just sang 'hush my dear' about 20 times.  Thankfully, it worked.  Sadly, it is 9:04pm.  I started the bedtime routine tonight at 8pm....  I keep praying that this is just a temporary glitch in the schedule and everything will be back to normal in a few days.  I don't know.   Does anyone else struggle to get their kids to go to bed?  Certainly I am not the only one.  Sometimes I feel like a 'horrible mother' because I compare myself to other people who seem to have this bedtime thing mastered.  Am I crazy?  Well, I am going to try and enjoy the next 1.5 hours to myself.  Maybe I can get some editing and cleaning done...maybe.

No comments: