Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving!  Its my favorite holiday because it's an opportunity to take time to rest and reflect. This year I did a lot of both.  I am thankful for the extra days to rest with my family and friends.  I am also thankful for the extra amount of rest/sleep I could get.  I am also thankful for the time I took with myself, my family and my friends to reflect on how many blessings there are in my life. I would love to share some with you. 

-I am thankful for my loving husband.  He is a man with compassion and humility.
-I am thankful for my two children.  They are a great joy and it is an honor to be their parents.
-I am thankful for Steven's new job that has provided our family with a bit more financial security.  -2012 and the first half of 2013 were really hard.  I'm thankful that the going to the grocery store isn't a painful experience anymore because I am able to buy healthy food for my family.
-I am thankful for our house.  Despite things that need repair or my desire to have more space…its our home and we have so many wonderful memories.
-I am thankful for a loving family.  I'm thankful that we can spend time together often.
-I am thankful for a growing photography business.  2013 has been amazing!
-I am thankful for a wonderful dad that despite difficult circumstances has remained faithful and generous.
-I am thankful my mom is in Heaven with Jesus.
-I am thankful for wonderful friends.  While some are still in St. Louis and others are far away I feel a powerful network of love and care.

I think this is a good list :)  Sure, there are many other things I am thankful for but these are most likely my top items.

Ok, on to the actual Thanksgiving holiday.  We spent time over at Steven's parents house on Thanksgiving this year. It was a blast.  Here are a few pictures.

On the left is an awesome Sweet Potato Recipe.  On the right is Steven's famous apple pie. 
 After our Thanksgiving meal we headed outside for a walk. Here is a rare picture of Steven and me.  
My father in law took the kids out for a ride on the tree swing.  It was fun to watch them have a blast!  

No comments: