Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Life

Today I am tired. I have a sinus infection and I am also trying to catch up on sleep from a long and busy weekend working at a retreat for the women in our Church. I have been able to take a little comp time off work, but life goes on and I must return to my job and the daily activities of life (letting my dogs out, going through the mail, keeping things clean around the house, etc...)

Despite being tired, I am thinking about one important word; sustainability. Why, you may ask, am I thinking about this word? I am thinking about sustainability becuase I believe this word captures the need we all have to take care of ourselves in order to sustain our physical, emotional and spiritual well being. I believe that if we do not do things to care for ourselves in these various ways, our personal sustainability will disappear as we burn out, dry up, or just plain crash and burn from all the demands of life. How, may you further ask, do I work on sustainability? I find that I can care for myself in many ways that relate to my own personal story. For example, I love flowers. I think having a vase of flowers around my house more often would create a more pleasant living environment and help me feel better emotionally. I also love to go for a walk with my dogs. I think taking a walk can help my physical body feel healthy and give me more energy. I also love to read. I think I need to spend more time in silent reading and pondering different aspects of life. This would certainly encourage me spiritually.

I hope my random thoughts for today encourage you to pursue sustainability in your own life. I am going to leave you with a picture I took a while ago. Whenever I look at this picture, I am reminded of how life is beautiful and exciting. I also think that our lives are similar to this flower. Without water, sunlight and good soil, this flowers life would not be sustained and such a beautiful image would never exist. May we find water, sunlight and good soil to sustain our own lives and produce beautiful images for the world to see.
~Katrina~

1 comment:

Lara said...

Hey! I enjoyed looking at your blog! How are you doing? When is your due date? Take care!