Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day


Yesterday was Valentine's Day. While Steven didn't go out of his way to bring me candy and flowers at work, he did take the time to let me know how much he loves me. He took me out to dinner and we just talked about our activities that day, things we were thinking about, and ways in which we both have grown over the years. Just being able to spend time with him and know that he listens to me and will share honestly with me is so encouraging. I love that Steven is my best friend!

I think Valentine's Day is a great day to remember the ways in which you are thankful for those who love you and to take the time to love others as well. Sure, candy and flowers are great, but being able to know someone well and be known by them is more important. I also took the time to send my sister Tracey an email with a little Valentine's note because I also love her very much. She has been a great friend. I am so thankful for her. Steven and Tracey's love for me has been a constant reminder of God's love. Despite my faults (which are many) and my stubborn ways, both of them have stood by my side and loved me well. I am very thankful. I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. I hope we can all remember how great God's love is for us - greater than candy and flowers.

No comments: