Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

This morning at about 4:30am, I woke up because things were shaking! I even woke up Steven to find out what was going on but he told me he thought it was just the wind. When I turned on the morning news about 7am I was confirmed that yes, there was a minor earthquake about 130 miles east of St. Louis that measured at 5.2. Now, no major damage has occured and life is thankfully going on as 'normal' but it was quite interesting to experience. I also felt another small earthquake about 10 minutes ago while I was sitting at my office desk. I guess these are some of those aftershock effects, but it is still a little unsettling. I hope these aftershocks settle down and that no one is hurt. In times like these I am reminded of how fragile life is.

No comments: