Monday, July 7, 2008

Remembering a year ago

I have been reflecting on my life the past couple days and will never forget the events that took place a year ago. A lot has happend the past year and I am going to share a piece of information that not many know about. A year ago today, right after the 4th of July Holiday, Steven and I found out that were were pregnant. We were so excited to share this news with our dear friends and family, but decided to wait just a few more weeks. Sadly, our pregnancy ended around week 8 during our vacation to the Grand Canyon. As some of you may know, this was a very sad and confusing time for Steven and me. We were so excited to welcome a little Dalbey in the world and when things didn't work out 'the way they were supposed to', we felt abandoned, tricked and confused. What started off as a sweet gift, seemed to be taken away before anything could be done. I take the time to share this event with you all because the 4th of July always reminds me of being with family and friends and now it reminds me of a part of our family that we will have to wait a little longer to meet. I know that I have personally learned a lot the past year about myself. I have learned to be more thankful for family. I have learned what it means to truly griev what has been lost and I have learned to be thankful for what I have. As many of you know, Steven and I are pregnant again and expect our first child in a few weeks. While we are sad for what was lost, we are so thankful and excited for what is to come and how the Lord has answered our prayers for a child. (Our child is currently giving me a good kick from inside the womb). I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday weekend with family and friends.

Here is Katrina's Angel Food Flag Cake!

No comments: