Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Update

Steven and I had a busy, but exciting weekend!

Friday - we hung out with our dear friends in the morning. This is our time to connect with one another, ask each other how we are doing and just learn how we can support, pray or help one another with various aspects of life. I am very thanful for this time!
Here is a picture of Steven with Eli Warren.
Saturday - we took an all day infant care class at the Hospital. We enjoyed this class a lot because it went over some very basic, but important information about taking care of our baby when we come home from the hospital. I was thankful that the class was organized and I could take notes. This will help me later when I need to review things such as bathing an infant, feeding an infant and just taking care of an infant. I am feeling better prepared for Preston's arrival after taking this class.

Sunday - our dear friends from our Church small group (Cgroup) gave us a baby shower last night. We had such a wonderful time! Oh yes, I must note that the food was amazing. We also received some important bedding, blanket, toy and book items. Thank you so much! As you can see from the pictures, Preston's room is about 95% ready! Now we just need a baby!
My dear friend Emma made this for Preston's room!
Preston's Crib - it looks super cozy!

View of his room.

2 comments:

The Fearless Fowler said...

Nice Roman shades!

dillyweed said...

Golly, I miss CGroup!!!
How is everyone? Tell them we say hi and that our baby girl is here, safe and sound. And can you ask Rosemary if her daughter still makes those embroidered hooded towels? I would love to order one for Addie if she still does that.

Only a few more days/weeks, eh? How are you feeling? Remember to bring a pillow from home with you to the hospital. And put it in a nice flashy pillowcase so you don't lose it. I loved having my own pillow from home!!!
I'm so excited for you and Steven!