Monday, November 17, 2008

Time with Dad





There aren't many things in life that compare to the time that a father gets to spend with his children. This is the kind of time that I have looked forward to for many years and has now arrived. My son Preston has this amazing ability to produce such joy in my heart, reaching the very depths of my emotions in ways I never knew were possible. Fridays I get the wonderful opportunity to spend Preston and Daddy time all day. We like to sing songs, watch the cars drive by, play with the dogs, read stories and take naps amongst other things. One of my favorite times of the day is early in the morning when Preston is just waking up. As I see the red and green lights of the baby monitor lighting up, dancing along the plastic archway that contains them, I can hear the different sounds and near-words comming from the tiny speaker as preston talks to his "friends" (mr. horse, mr. monkey, mr. turtle, and mr. girraffe) hanging above him on the mobile. This is my son, and I can recognize his voice from far away. As I arrise to go and change his diaper and feed him, I greet him with a familiar "Goooooodmorninglittlebuddy!!" To which he responds with a full body GRIN (the kind of grin that only a little child can do as their arms flail and legs kick while thier toothless smile is causing them to look away in sheer delight as if to say "DAAAADDDDYY!!!") followed by a SQUEEL each day a little louder and longer than the day before. This is to me one of the most prescious moments of my day. "Thankyou Lord for my family" runs through my mind each new day.

No comments: