Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jury Duty

Steven has had Jury Duty this week - no fun! What started on Monday has now lasted 3 full days (8am to 5pm) and he has to go back again tomorrow. I, Katrina, am starting to wonder if this will ever come to an end. From what I hear from Steven, which isn't much because he is not allowed to discuss the case, the trail is taking way too long. Steven said that the attorney makes the same point again and again - using different words, has been very confusing and seems to be unprepared. My dad thinks that there must be some 'bad' lawyers in this trail because it is taking way to long in court for a simple property dispute when he does malpractice cases in 3 days. He also said that one of the biggest complaints of jurors is that the trials take too long and that they are not compensated enough for their time. Steven is getting a wopping $18 a day. My simple complaint is that I miss my husband! I miss not seeing him in the office, not being able to email/call him and knowing that he has missed a lot of time with Preston. Lets just say I will be VERY happy when this is over! I guess civic duty called for Steven this year. I am sure Steven will write about his experience on the Dalbey Times when all is said and done.

No comments: