Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back in STL for real

This past week, Preston, my parents, and I (Steven) took a quick trip to visit my sister and her family in Pittsburgh. It was the same weekend that the Penguins won the Stanley Cup and there was great celebration (I like to think that they were celebrating with us because Preston and his cousins got a chance to meet for the first time!!). I will post pictures as soon as I can to show you what a great time we all had. Cousin Jack "little land shark" does a Michael Phelps like butterfly swimming stroke over the floor along with his crawling that is so funny and cute at the same time. Cousin Natalie couldn't get enough of her cousin Preston. She also loved organizing all of the best toys on the chair and keeping them from both of the boys who sat on the floor wondering where all the "trucks" were. I am so proud of my sister and brother in law. They have done such a great job raising their family. We sure miss them and look forward to their visit later in July!

Meanwhile, I went to Colorado with the Senior High group from Central for a backpacking trip. I got to spend some great time with students that I have spent a lot of time with over the years, and it was a very meaningful trip. Being in a beautiful place and with people that I enjoy was something that the Lord used to really enable me to reflect on so many things about my life and who He has made me to be. There was a lot of laughter, sharing and tears on the trip. I really missed my boys back home (Preston and Steven). It has been a sweet reunion being back together with them both. Here is a photo of our group on the trail and another photo from beautiful Colorado.

No comments: