Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A few little surprises

I was cleaning out my desk drawer the other day and found a Target gift card. I went online to see if it had a balance. It had a $15 balance which I used to purchase this basket we needed for shoes by our front door.
Later that evening I found an unused $30 gift card to Anthropologie (one of my favorite stores) and decided to go and pick up something cute for Peyton. I found these Alphabet cards and the Letter P for her room. This was a nice little surprise!
Today I was opening our mail and noticed a little gift card to Macaroni grill attached to a Christmas card. What a blessing.
I don't know about you, but it has been a hard year for the Dalbey family. We've had to learn more about buying what we need and not just what we want. We have also had to make some hard choices and changes to our budget. We long to be more generous, to update some major needs in our home and take Preston to some fun places. We keep reminding each other that the time will come when we can be more generous, when we will be able to make some needed improvements to our home and have the ability to do more with our children. In the meantime, we are thankful for these little gifts/surprises that seemed to appear out of no where this week.

1 comment:

Drew and Lindsey said...

I love little surprises like that too! The P is PERfect for Peyton's room!! Love you!

-Linds