Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Catching Up

I think this is the longest I have gone without updating the blog. I thought about it...but didn't get around to posting with the long Holiday weekend and many fun adventures and activities. Here is a brief update. Last week ended well with work and we dove quickly into the weekend. We celebrated our friend Emily's 30th Birthday on Saturday evening. We had a nice time visiting with friends and watching Preston and Emily's son, Micah, play on the slip n slide. I wish I had brought my camera. Steven also worked on painting the trim outside our house this weekend. This is a project that needed to be done and was expedited by the city telling us to paint or pay a fine. We chose to paint. I hope to post a photo when Steven is finished. On Sunday, we spent some time with Grammie and Poppa after Church. Preston loves his time with them and specifically requested to see them. Yesterday, the 4th of July Holiday, we headed downtown for the air show. While Steven and I were very hot, Preston loved watching the airplanes. Here is a pic of the Arch...I just missed the airplane as I was using my camera on my phone. Here is a pic of Preston on daddy's shoulders watching the air show. After the show, we headed to our annual 4th of July party at the Johnson's house. This is a family from our Church and we love being there on the fourth to visit with dear friends and then watch the fireworks in Kirkwood, MO. Here is a pic of Peyton who fell asleep in my Moby Wrap and slept through the entire fireworks display - Nice!! Overall, we had a very nice Holiday weekend and wish it could last all week long :)

No comments: