Friday, May 24, 2013

Catching up

Again, so sorry for not updating the blog the past week.  Life has been very full.  Let me give everyone a re-cap of some things we have been doing.  First, Richmond Heights held its first annual Art Fest last weekend.  Since we live 2 blocks from the fair location we were able to walk over and enjoy.  It was wonderful.  There was good food, music, lovely vendors and activities for kids.  Here is a picture of Preston working on a mural for our community center.   Have I mentioned that Preston LOVES painting?  Well, he does.
Last Sunday was my Birthday (I turned 25 years old again) and our Church also held their annual family picnic.  Another lovely event, wonderful weather and dear friends.  Here we have sweet Peyton giving one of her best friends, Jane, a big hug.
Oh yes, she LOVED the bounce house.  This girl has no fear.
Ok, I did mention that it was my Birthday.  To celebrate, Steven took me out to dinner.  It was so nice to get away for a few hours and enjoy some yummy food at Canyon Cafe.  Thank you, Grammie and Papa, for watching the kids.
Earlier this week I took the kids to the park.  Both kids insisted on walking vs. riding in the stroller.  It didn't last long but it was super cute to watch them try.  Have I also mentioned that Peyton wants to do everything that her big brother does?  Its true.  
Preston had his first last day of school on Wednesday.  I am so proud of this big boy.  While he has another year of Pre-School before he can begin Kindergarden I am so proud of all that he learned this past year, the nice friends he made and the kids teachers in his class.  I am so thankful for our school and look forward to getting more involved next year.
Now that the kids are on 'summer break' we took full advantage of the extra free time and headed to the park on Thursday.  Peyton loves to swing.  Oh yes, look at that hair!!  Its crazy.  I keep trying to see if she will let me pull it back/up/ but so far all I receive is rejection.  I'll keep trying.
Spring continues to be glorious this year.  Here is a beautiful photo of one of my neighbors Peony's.
We all learn new things every day.  Preston learned how to blow up a balloon this week.  Good job, buddy.  Now we just need to keep working on learning to whistle.
Thats all for now.  More posts this weekend.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: