Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Its good to hang out with friends

On Sunday afternoon, Katrina and I had the chance to hang out with some good friends of ours. Lindon and Megan Fowler as well as Andrea Righi. We had a wonderful time over lunch eating some great food, laughing and catching up. Andrea is a good friend of mine from college at Geneva who has been living in Colorado for awhile now. Lindon and Megan are also great friends from back in PA who are attending Covenant Seminary here in St. Louis. Megan and I worked together for a year at the church doing middle school youth ministry. It was really fun to talk about the good old days of Geneva and all the humorous memories that brings, as well as seeing where the Lord has brought us. Andrea is doing Social Work and is pursuing training in counseling (just as I have done). As I think about it, there are many of my friends that have gone either into church ministry, or have been seeking to becomming therapists to do counseling (I wonder what that means...?). It is hard to believe that Katrina and I are about to have a baby, and to see where all of our friends have ended up thus far. I dont feel like college was that long ago, but each year pushes it further and further back. I don't think that life will ever slow down again like when you were a child feeling bored on a beautiful day saying "mom, I'm bored, there's nothing to do". I have decided that I must pursue making the most of the time that I have, not wishing any of it away (what ever that may bring). Oh yeah, I really look tan in these pictures, I know this great tanning salon down the road...Just kidding!! The tan is from being in Texas at Corpus Christi for our first and only vacation of the year! I will write more later, although I know this is only my second entry :)

No comments: