Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas


The Dalbey family had a wonderful Christmas Holiday.  While we were very busy celebrating with many members of our family this past weekend I took some time to reflect on this wonderful holiday.  I found myself deeply thankful for all that the Lord has done to sustain us this year.  While times have not been easy and we are exhausted on many levels we still rejoice that our family is healthy and together this Christmas season.  I also had some time to reflect on my my favorite part of Christmas.  Sure, I love the gifts and yummy food but I am most thankful for the great hope Christmas brings.  I think the hymn, 'Joy to the World'  by Isaac Watts says it best:  

Joy to the World , the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Joy to the World, the Savior reigns!
Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

No more let sins and sorrows grow,
Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found,
Far as the curse is found,
Far as, far as, the curse is found.

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders, of His love.

 My favorite part is in verse 3 where it says that He (Jesus) comes to make His blessings flow far as the curse is found.  Wow - our family has felt the effects of the fall (curse) the past year through the brokenness of relationships and many other difficult things.  Despite this pain and sorrow Jesus has come to make His blessings flow and rule the world with truth and grace.  I am so thankful He is taking care of us and will continue to heal our pain with His great love.   I look forward to understanding that more and more in the new year.  
Oh yes, I took A LOT of photos from our Christmas celebrations.  Here are some of my favorite: 
First, Preston opened his new train track from Mommy & Daddy.  Daddy was gracious enough to put everything together.  Peyton enjoyed helping as well.  
Here is a picture of my Dad dancing with 3 of his Grand kids on Christmas Eve.  So sweet.  
Preston received more trains for Christmas this year.  He was super excited!  
He proceeded to make a super mess playing with his trains. 
More dancing on Christmas Eve.  
Santa came and delivered lots of gifts to the good little Children.
Peyton was excited for some yummy Poppa waffles on Christmas morning.  
She was also super excited about all the baby dolls and accessories she received for Christmas.  
I was excited about a new Welcome mat for our home.  Our old mat said EL O E...not very inviting.  
I loved watching Uncle Eric and Aunt Elizabeth hang out with my kids on Christmas morning.  I can't wait for their wedding in March.  
Grammie spent time teaching me and the kids how to make sticky rolls.  The kids LOVED it!  
I also loved looking at all the beautiful Christmas decorations.  These poinsettia's were from the Jewel Box in Forest Park.  
I'm sure I'll be posting more photos of the kids enjoying their new toys later this week.  
I am also planning on updating my blog this weekend. Stay tuned.  

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: