Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Snow

Spring has NOT arrived in St. Louis.  I think it is safe to say that Winter is still taking full advantage and decided to bring a foot of snow our way yesterday afternoon.  While I long for spring, flowers, short sleeve shirts and flip flops I am trying to enjoy each moment with our kids this year even with the snow and cold temperatures.  Here is a view of the field at Church yesterday morning.  It was just lovely.  
Here we have Preston all bundled up and ready to go.  He brought along his excavator to help shovel the snow.
Preston and Peyton also helped to make our own Frosty the Snowman.  Peyton was the only one who was willing to smile for the camera.  Both kids were so proud of their snowman.
Here is a picture of Preston...working on digging us out of the snow as usual.  
We also took to sledding in our front yard which was a blast.  Peyton was so cute every she slid down our little hill.  I think I need to take them both to Art Hill next year.  
Steven also pulled out our snow blower and set to work on our driveway and sidewalk.  He also cleared our neighbors driveway and sidewalk.  Our neighbor even gave him $8, a beer and a toy for our kids.  He was very kind.
Here is a picture of my handsome husband hard at work.  A friend, Nathan, also came over with his daughter to hang out and play in the snow.  The boys even headed out and earned some extra money shoveling snow.  Great job, guys!
Oh yes, I cannot forget to share about our fabulous snow fort.  I must admit that I was more interested in the snow then the kids.  I guess this brings me back to my childhood and those fun snow days playing outside.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: