Friday, March 29, 2013

This week

This is week has been a full but good week.  It started off with a nice lunch at Crown Candy with my dad.  The thing about Crown Candy is that its all about timing.  If you arrive at the peak of lunch you will wait an hour for a table.  If you go early or on a day where the weather is yucky you will walk right it and sit right down.  My dad and I took advantage of the snowy weather on Monday and were able to sit right down and order our food.  Oh yes, their ice cream is super yummy!
If I am being honest then I will say that this week has mostly been about Peyton.  First, she notice the Morning Dove birds were out of their nest and exploring their new world.  Here they are on our front porch. Peyton called them 'her birdies'.
Second, the kids requested Chick Fil A for lunch yesterday.  Since Peyton had just been at the Doctor for her 2 year check up AND received a shot I was happy to oblige.  I can't remember the last time we went to Chick Fil A...might have been a year ago. The kids LOVED playing in the playground area.
Oh yes, Peyton and her 2 year check up.  She is up to 25 pounds (40th percentile) and 35 inches long (80th percentile).  She is happy and healthy.  Here is the young lady cuddling with mommy on the couch the other day.
The main reason why its been mostly about Peyton this week is because of her sleep issues.  Ok, I shouldn't really call them issues.  Its just that she has been having a hard time adjusting to her toddler bed.  I set to work this week to help her fall asleep in her bed and stay in her bed all night long.  Thankfully, Peyton has had 2 straight nights of good sleep.  We are going to continue to work on this so to avoid any unhealthy habits.  Now, if we could only work on nap time.  She will not nap in her bed.  She will nap in the car or mommy and daddy's bed...minor issues.
Oh yes, the snow is almost completely gone in St. Louis.  Here is what is left of our snow fort.
I think the kids were missing the snow and started to go 'sledding' in our front yard.  They didn't get very far but it sure looked cute.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: