Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Past Week

Things have been fairly busy around the Dalbey house the past week.  I'm so sorry I have not been updating my blog on a regular basis.  I am going to do my best to keep up with this and my other tech items.  Here is a brief update from the past week.
First, it was SO nice last week that we grabbed our swimsuits and headed out to the backyard for some outdoor fun.  Both kids loved being outside!  They also loved getting out the kiddie pool and slide.  I see many 'pool' days in our future.
Peyton was also super content to sit and hang out.  She loves looking at the flowers and searching for bugs with her big brother.  Oh yes, notice that crazy hair.  She still won't let me pull it up/back with a clip/bow/hair tie/etc...  Maybe someday.
I was super busy on Saturday photographing my FIRST wedding!  It went very well and I can't wait to finish editing all these images and posting them for my friends and family to see. I am so proud of my work and how much I have grown in the past year. I pray this photography dream continues to grow and that I have the patience and endurance to improve my skills each day.  Here is a preview photo from the wedding day - what a beautiful couple.
Big event in the Dalbey family this week: Daddy left for Spain on Sunday afternoon.  He is traveling with MTW (Mission to the World) to work with high school students and their parents in a youth ministry and counseling context.  He will be gone for 10 days total.  While we miss him greatly we are hanging in there and trying to make the most of each day at home.  Here are a couple pictures while we were out to lunch on Sunday afternoon before we took Steven to the airport.
Finally, spring continues to make all things look new here in St. Louis.  I am really enjoying the wonderful colors and flowers in bloom.  Here are my tulips!
Here are the kids playing in the back yard yesterday afternoon.
Oh yes, a nice little Robin bird made her nest outside the kids room and is about to be the mother of 4.  We are keeping any eye on these little ones.  The kids can't wait to see the babies :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

John Kincaid said...

love this post! especially those sweet kiddos and your beautiful tulips!! we are praying for your guys this week. love you!