Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bye bye bushes

Steven and I have lived in our house for 8 years.  First, that is a crazy amount of time to live in the SAME place.  Second, owning a house can be more crazy and overwhelming than you think.  Finally, getting around to needed home improvement projects can take time...even 8 years.  These 'lovely' bushes are an example of a home project that needed to be addressed a long time ago.  Then there is life, children, work, and money.  Thankfully, mother nature (aka, the sun) took care of these bushes last summer significantly killing them.  They needed to go and today was the day to remove them.  Here is a 'before' picture as we began our work.  You may think they are alive because they look green in the front.  Trust me, they were completely dead on top and losing their needles very quickly.
The first bush was easy to remove as I did it myself!
Here are the bushes as they continue to be removed.   
                                       
Here is my strong husband taking these bad boys out of the ground.  Go Steven!
Here is the final view.  Now all we need are some bushes/flowers/etc... 
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: